Picking the right flooring for your home is a big decision, and whatever flooring you choose to use, you should love. One great flooring option that is very desirable is hardwood flooring. Hardwood is a wonderful option, and a lot of homebuyers search for homes that have hardwood flooring already installed. However, before buying hardwood flooring, you should know the advantages and disadvantages. Here is a list of the pros and cons associated with hardwood floors.
The Pros of Hardwood Flooring
- Hardwood floors are durable. Even 100-year-old homes can have their original hardwood floors intact. More durability means you won’t have to replace in 10 or 20 years like other types of flooring.
- There are so many options to choose from with hardwood flooring. Every plank of hardwood looks different from the others, so you will have a floor that’s different from anyone else’s. You can also refinish hardwood floors a give them a different look if you get tired of the look you currently have.
- Hardwood floors are valuable. If you are putting in new floors because you are getting ready to sell your home, hardwood floors will increase the value of your home significantly.
The Cons of Hardwood Flooring
- Hardwood flooring is costly. Most hardwood material runs from $3 per square foot to more than $12 per square foot for more unique types of wood flooring. The installation is also a big job, so labor costs can run high.
- With hardwood flooring, you want to clean up any spills as soon as possible to prevent the liquid from soaking in and staining the wood. It is safe to clean hardwood floors with a mop, but not if it is dripping wet with water. If water seeps into the floors, the hardwood could be destroyed.
- Hardwood floors can amplify the sounds in your home. You will be able to hear your family walking into a room and every other noise you never noticed before will likely become noticeable.
As you can see, hardwood flooring has some great pros and some not-so-great cons. The choice to install hardwood flooring depends on your preference and what you truly want. If you are positive it is hardwood flooring you want in your home, give us a call today at Wright’s Carpet and Flooring, and we will help you find the perfect hardwood floors.