Hardwood flooring is a beautiful, timeless, and functional flooring option for your home or business. Like any flooring option, hardwood flooring is an investment. Here are some of the dos and don’ts of hardwood flooring:
The Dos of Hardwood Flooring
- DO use caution when placing your furniture on hardwood flooring after installation. You can easily purchase and install floor protectors for the feet of all of your furniture. This low-cost precaution will save you big bucks in the end.
- DO properly clean regularly. This will remove tiny bits of debris that could potentially scratch your hardwood flooring.
- DO invest in some nice rugs to sit atop your hardwood flooring. This protects the floor and helps your space feel a little warmer and cozier.
The Don’ts of Hardwood Flooring
- DON’T use cleaning products that are not approved for hardwood flooring. This includes wet mopping, hot water, oils, vinegar, ammonia, steel wool, or citrus-based cleaners.
- DON’T wear shoes often (especially high heels) on your hardwood flooring.
- DON’T let your hardwood flooring be overly exposed to the sun. Too much sun can eventually bleach the wood.
Here at Wright’s Carpet and Flooring, we can help you with all of your hardwood flooring needs. Our store features a large showroom with samples of hardwood, carpet, laminate, luxury vinyl, ceramic, area rugs, and more! If you are located in the Asheville, Hendersonville, Swannanoa or the surrounding local area, come check us out today!