Restore the Natural Beauty of Your Floors with Hardwood Floor Refinishing
One of the best things about hardwood flooring is that you can refinish it multiple times without having to replace the floor. Hardwood floor refinishing allows you to get floors that look new without the expense of true replacement. You can even change the look of your floors during hardwood floor refinishing by choosing a new stain color.
It is important to recoat your floors with finish every few years whenever the finish becomes worn. Expect this to be necessary every 3-7 years. If you take action now, you can reduce the number of times your floors have to be completely refinished and extend the total life of your flooring. Before we can add a new layer of finish to your floors, we will need to scuff the flooring to increase adhesion.
If the top layer of finish is worn too thin (with the wood grain exposed) or if you have deeper blemishes or scratches in your flooring, it is time to consider hardwood floor refinishing. For this process, we will sand your flooring to completely remove the finish, as well as any scratches or blemishes. After the sanding is complete, we will cover the wood surface with the stain of your choice and finally spread a new layer of finish.
Once you have completed your hardwood floor refinishing, it is important to take good care of your floors. There are many steps you can take to keep your floors beautiful between refinishing:
- Sweep or vacuum your floors weekly.
- When needed use a damp mop and a small amount of mild soap.
- Don’t ever let spills sit on your flooring for long.
- Use rugs for high-traffic areas and remove shoes when you enter the house.
- Use rugs beneath high-moisture areas like the stove or sink.
- Cover windows to reduce UV exposure, as some flooring is photosensitive.
- Use furniture pads beneath chair legs (especially in the dining room).