Hardwood flooring is an incredibly desirable material to be used in homes. There are so many benefits of having hardwood flooring. Here are just a few reasons why people are so attracted to this option:
- The aesthetic appeal is very high.
- It increases the value of your home.
- It’s easy to clean.
- It’s durable and can last a long time with minimal maintenance required.
- It’s appealing to potential buyers.
While hardwood flooring has many benefits, there are conflicting opinions about how to properly care for it. It’s important to know how to keep yours in prime condition and how to capitalize on how low maintenance, but durable, they can be. Unfortunately, a lot of products that are marketed for cleaning hardwood flooring are detrimental to it’s durability and luster.
Here are 3 tips to follow for properly caring for hardwood flooring:
- You’ll start cleaning your floors by first sweeping them to remove any debris.
- Then use plain water and a non-abrasive mop to thoroughly remove dirt and grime from the floors.
- For everyday maintenance, you’ll complete your cleaning by drying the floor after mopping it. Do not leave water sitting on the wood flooring.
Harsh chemicals can quickly cause the finish on your floors to deteriorate. However, as you follow this simple protocol, you’ll find that the finish on your flooring looks well-buffed after each cleaning. Also, it’s important to use area rugs where you can to help protect the floor from everyday wear and tear. Rugs are much cheaper and easier to replace than hardwood flooring. Using these tips, you’ll be able to enjoy beautiful and well-cared for flooring for a long time.